> This does not even address the millions of S/MIME clients out there that
> only provide a substandard level of encryption to it's users. Export
> versions of S/MIME clients are BAD (Broken As Designed).

Every copy of Windows 2000 and Windows millenium will have full
strength 128 bit crypto in the base O/S.

> Almost every S/MIME client is closed source. The applications are closed
> source & the crypto libs are closed source.

Netscape and Microsoft bought in code from various sources
and cannot publish the source code.

> None of them have been tested
> nor peer-reviewed.

That is untrue.

> Both Microsoft & Netscape (IMHO) have been criminally
> negligent ...
<Bobbitt>

Yeah, yeah, I would respond to this but unfortunately the black helicopter
has just landed on my lawn to take me to the meeting of the Cambridge
chapter of the New World Order.

        Phill