At 05:01 PM 03/14/2000 -0500, David J. Brunell wrote:
>I read a paper on a crypto site some years ago which described the perfect
>electronic transaction device.  This device had a keyboard, display,
>embedded crypto processor, and possibly even a biometric scanner and RF
>link.  The paper did a good job explaining why each of these features were
>necessary for total security and privacy.  It might have been on Chaum's
>site (digicash.com).  Does anyone know what I am talking about and where I
>might find this or a similar paper?

I don't know about that specific paper, but the January 1999 Cypherpunks
meeting had presentations on roughly that topic by
Ian Goldberg, Martin Minow, and I think a third person.
Ian was presenting on Palm-based solutions, which he thought were
much more complete than i-button stuff Martin talked about.
The slides from that may be somewhere.
                                Thanks!
                                        Bill
Bill Stewart, [EMAIL PROTECTED]