Pardon me for interrupting a fine theoretical discourse, and summarizing the
dialog for the benefit of our moderator, but perhaps we should take a look
at the actual application under discussion?

The application itself reports who it blocks.  When access is attempted,
the site is listed as blocked.  What I am unsure about: is the precise
reason for blocking displayed?  When there are multiple reasons?

However, the reasons can be deduced, without reverse engineering, by
selecting the individual blocking class, and re-testing the URL.

Therefore, I believe that we have both elements:
 (a) the blocking is reported;
 (b) the reason is evident to the user.

So, are the reasons defamatory to the blocked sites?

Will some fine lawyer undertake to contact and ask them?

To take examples, from the paper:

  the anti-censorware site of Peacefire <http://www.peacefire.org/>
  is listed as containing
    "Violence / Profanity, Partial Nudity, Full Nudity,
    Sexual Acts / Text, Gross Depictions / Text, Intolerance,
    Satanic or Cult, Drugs / Drug Culture, Militant / Extremist,
    Sex Education, Questionable / Illegal & Gambling, Alcohol & Tobacco".

  Church of the SubGenius.
    Banned in every category except sex-ed.

  The Nuclear Control Institute.
    "Militant / Extremist"
    "Violence / Profanity"
    "Questionable / Illegal & Gambling"

  Anti-nuclear-bomb articles from the Tri-City Herald newspaper.
    "Violence / Profanity"
    "Militant / Extremist"
    "Questionable / Illegal & Gambling"

   The Marston Family Home Page, with the usual round of pictures of
   Mom, Dad, the kids, the dog, etc. Entire directory blocked for
     "Militant / Extremist, Questionable / Illegal & Gambling",
   apparently just because of this paragraph in young Prescott's section:

       In school they teach me about this thing called the Constitution
       but I guess the teachers must have been lying because this new law
       the Communications Decency Act totally defys [sic] all that the
       Constitution was. Fight the system, take the power back, WAKE UP!!!!!