> The laptop computer was snatched while an employee of Britain's domestic
>security service,
> MI5, was buying a ticket at London's Paddington train station.

It seems that moronic legislation correlates with moronic gubmnt employees.

I am referring to that "forget the key go to jail law", of course.

On the bright side, brits make US seem good in many ways:

"... The case of Graham Reeves, a 70-year-old Welshman who went into Prince
Philip Hospital, Llanelli, to have a diseased kidney removed. Four
doctors, now suspended, took out his healthy kidney instead. On March 1
he died. Continuing the bungling, Robert Fletcher Deane, leader of the
Royal College of Surgeons' official inquiry into the blunder, turned out
to be in the midst of being sued for wrongfully extracting the healthy
kidney of a woman in Glasgow three years ago. "If we'd known, we would
have asked someone else," said an RCS spokesperson. ..."