Newsgroups: nz.politics,nz.general
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David Pears)
Subject: Re: Spying on the Net - NZ style
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:44:16 GMT

"David Wardley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Stuart Hamilton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:lTCs4.207$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>
>snip
>> Were any photographers killed or ships sunk?
>>
>Not this time round.
>It's fascinating though. I do hope they read my emails, I'd feel
>very flattered!

I know that they're reading mine. I often get notes from the NSA or
GCHQ pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes in email I've sent to
other people. Rather than regard this as anything sinister, I feel it
is a valuable taxpayer-funded service. Altho I wish the spies from
different countries could agree on their spelling... if you use
"color" in an email, you just know you're gonna get a barrage of email
from all the Commonwealth intelligence agencies, but if you use
"colour" then the CIA come down all heavy and start reminding you that
they're the ones with the B52s. I had to complain to their ISP once,
and they've cleaned up their act recently.

David