Very interesting.  One member of the EU has been warning its country's
businesses for 18 months, but nobody outside has read the press releases
and the Euro Parliament is shocked to hear it from Duncan :-)

Are any of their warnings on the net, or their advice on how companies
can protect themselves from monitoring?

At 12:44 PM 04/03/2000 +0200, Bo Elkjaer wrote:
>GERMAN SPIES: ECHELON EXISTS
>For 18 months now, Germany's intelligence service has issued warnings
>against Echelon's industrial espionage
>
>Dig that. Today, Ekstra Bladet can help the upcoming parliamentary
>commission that shall investigate Echelon. We can now document that the
>German intelligence service has been warning against Echelon's espionage
>for at least 18 months. In Denmark, the Military Intelligence Service (FE)
>states that they know nothing more than what they read in the newspapers.
>They tackle the situation a little differently in Germany.
>       Germany's national intelligence agency, Verfassungsschutz, openly
>warns its business and industry community against Echelon. Germany's
>intelligence agencies do more than just warn against the spying, however.

                                Thanks!
                                        Bill
Bill Stewart, [EMAIL PROTECTED]