At 09:24 PM 04/02/2000 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> The original May 1998 report which
>> started the process defines a tax haven that conducts harmful tax
>> competition as one which: (1) Imposes nominal or no tax income
>
>Only a fucking moron bureaucrat would call low taxes harmful and
>high taxes beneficial.

Nah - you're just forgetting to ask "beneficial to whom".
Even if the Laffer Curve folks say that Burons can collect
more money by lowering taxes, the higher taxes give them more control.

And lower taxes somewhere else mean that potential tax-victims
avoid being controlled by fleeing, and we just can't have that...

                                Thanks!
                                        Bill
Bill Stewart, [EMAIL PROTECTED]