I think Lucky Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Ian Goldberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, and Dave DelTorto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
were all there.  John Gilmore and Hugh Daniel may have been there,
or that may have been the next one.

If you're near San Francisco, the Cypherpunks meetings are
the second Saturday of the month.  The web site with the
location announcements is
http://www.cryptorights.org/cypherpunks/meetingpunks.html

At 10:50 PM 04/05/2000 +0200, d.a. solomon wrote:
>Dear Cypherpunks,
>
>I am a Dutch artist working with digital media in the Internet cultural
>space. In the summer of '97, I initiated the project the_living that
>embodies a character appearing only on the Internet-a digi-persona.
>One of the primary goals of the project is to create what I call 'a working
>chronicle of digital culture', a constantly expanding archive of 'live
>events'. It is in this regard that I have contacted you to ask if  you
>could please help me find someone who was a part of the Bay Area
>Cypherpunks group at the HIP 97.
>
>Could you help me find a certain SF Bay Area cypherpunk that attended the
>HIP 97 Hacking in Progress convention in Almere, NL. I know it is ancient
>history now, but this is precisely why I am trying to contact anyone
>associated with this project. At the convention there was a very
>interesting project involving the pgp challenge plus a ring of trust
>ceremony. Anyone who has attended either of these events would be very
>helpful to me.
>
>Between April and June I will be visiting in the US for an arts project of
>mine, the-living. Project the_living is an arts project and is
>non-journalistic and non-commercial in nature. The material garnered from
>these locations/individuals will only be used by the project and with
>permission of the individual.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Warm regards,
>
>Debra Solomon