At 12:02 PM +0200 6/5/00, Tom Vogt wrote:
>Tim May wrote:
>>
>>  About 90% of all spam and clueless "how do i make bombz?" crap would
>>  be eliminated if messages to toad.com were not picked up by the real
>>  nodes.
>>
>>  Considering that John Gilmore announced several years ago his wish
>>  that traffic be migrated off of toad, I think this is the right time
>>  to no longer pick up toad.com traffic and pass it on to the main
>>  nodes.
>
>toad should, however, bounce back some kind of pointer if you try to
>subscribe and/or mail over it, since it's still listed as "the
>cypherpunk node" at various places.

This is the fault of those "various places." Frankly, worrying about
what a 1993 blurb in "The Village Voice"  says is the Korrect
Cypherpunks Address seems quaint.

And it is up to John Gilmore, who runs toad.com, to decide how to
handle newbie requests addressed to his site, given that he announced
in 1997 that he no longer wished to host the Cypherpunks list and
that we should move our traffic to other sites forthwith.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.