At 04:43 PM 06/08/2000 -0500, Black Unicorn wrote:
>Most "international driver's licenses" are not valid without the
>presence of a driver's license issued by your jurisdiction of permanent
residence,
>which must be carried with you at the same time.

There are a few Caribbean islands, I think Trinidad,
which are quite flexible about issuing DLs (and mailboxes)
and you can use them with an international DL.
An acquaintance of mine used one in Nevada, and it checked out valid.
(He usually lives in California, and might have had more trouble
using it there.)
The consulting company that I saw at a convention that was
facilitating getting the things charged a service fee for obtaining them.
I think it was about $50, and it would have been rude to ask about
the strictness with which the procedures for getting them processed
were followed, but the end product was genuine.

                                Thanks!
                                        Bill
Bill Stewart, [EMAIL PROTECTED]