In this edition of PhotoPoint Flash, our bimonthly newsletter

~ Performance update
~ 'One For The Parks' program
~ Introducing our new Community Magazine
~ Send us your hi-res photos
~ Win a digital camera in our member survey
~ Last chance to enter the Father's Day Sweepstakes
NextCard. Customize your NextCard Visa with any photo! It's easy!
Plus, get great rates as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR. All
in under 30 seconds! Apply now at
http://www.photopoint.com/redirects/nextcard.html

Performance Update

Some users of PhotoPoint.com may have experienced delays over the
last few days.

The problem - which has now been resolved - came from outside
PhotoPoint in the form of an attempted "denial of service"
attack, similar to those launched against eBay, Amazon and Yahoo!
in recent months. In such attacks, unknown persons (for unknown
reasons!) attempt to flood a site with frivolous service
requests, solely for the purpose of slowing site performance.

For those who were affected by this problem, we apologize. Rest
assured, however, that even in such circumstances, your photos
were never at risk. In addition, we have taken measures to
identify the source of the attacks, and to prevent any future
incidents.
___

Use Your Photos To Save Our National Parks

America's priceless treasures are in danger. After decades of
record crowds and budget cuts, the National Parks need billions
of dollars in repairs and preservation. And we can help.

PhotoPoint.com is proud to announce 'One For The Parks,' our
powerful new email greeting campaign to encourage our government
to devote 1% of the federal budget surplus to America's National
Parks. Just create a free PhotoPoint personalized email greeting,
using your favorite picture of the Parks or one from the
PhotoPoint National Parks Gallery, and we'll send it to your
Senators and President Clinton.

Take advantage of this free and easy way to show your support for
preserving the National Parks for our children and our children's
children. Make sure your voice is heard - and your favorite
National Parks photo is seen - in Washington. Send 'One For The
Parks' at http://www.photopoint.com/poftp/page_five.html
___

Time's Running Out on Our Father's Day Contest

Just a few days left to enter to win a scanner for Dad in the
Father's Day Sweepstakes, sponsored by PhotoPoint.com and
AmazingMail.com. Entries close at midnight Eastern time,
Saturday, June 17th - just as Father's Day begins!

To enter, just send an AmazingMail postcard, personalized with
your favorite photo and greeting. For each card you send, you'll
be entered to win a free Acer 640BU push-button scanner - a $129
value. Your first three AmazingMail postcards are FREE! After
that, they're just 99 cents each. Send yours now and enter to win
in the Father's Day Sweepstakes at
http://www.photopoint.com/special/fathersday.html

If you're shopping for gifts, be sure to stop by the Digital
Store at PhotoPoint for gadgets galore. How about a coffee mug,
notepad, or other gift, personalized with your favorite
PhotoPoint photo - for Dad, a grad, or anyone you want to
celebrate this summer. Pick your gifts now at
http://www.photopoint.com/store/index.html
___

NEW! Great Reading at PhotoPoint.com:
In Our New Community Magazine

Now you can learn how to photograph bleeding hearts, bug-eyed
frogs, and much more - all in PhotoPoint's new Community
Magazine. We're signing up some of the best names in photography
to bring you informative, inspiring, and entertaining articles.

For starters, we're honored to have Peter Burian, co-author of
the book 'National Geographic Photography Field Guide - Secrets
to Making Great Pictures,' as managing editor of the magazine.
Besides finding and commissioning great articles, Peter will also
write for us on a regular basis. Read his first piece on taking
high-impact travel photos. And be sure to check out the other
articles on capturing the beauty of your garden in photos, tips
for making sharp images, and the amazing world of digital
cinematography, Hollywood-style.

Great reading, waiting for you now in PhotoPoint's new Community
Magazine at
http://www.photopoint.com/community/magazine/index.html
___

We Want YOUR Hi-Res Photos

We're always looking for great shots to use as decor on our
office walls and in our marketing materials - and we can't think
of any photos we'd rather use than our members' best shots. Got
something you think we could use? If you have a favorite photo
that you would like us to look at, send the link to
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED].

Please, no naughty or embarrassing stuff.
___

Tell Us How to Make PhotoPoint Better - and Win!

We want PhotoPoint to be everything you want it to be. Tell us
what that is - and we'll enter your name in a draw to win a free
digital camera. Our online member survey is quick and easy - just
11 questions! Thanks in advance for helping us make
PhotoPoint.com as good as it can be - and good luck in the draw!
Fill out the survey now at
http://advantageresearch.com/photoprofile2000/index.html
___

FAQs: Membership Tips

In every issue of PhotoPoint Flash, we answer a question from our
members. Here's this week's tip.

Q: Can I send photos to my PhotoPoint account from an email
address that is different than the one I signed up with?

A. Yes. If you want to send a picture to an account with a name
that's different from the name in the email address you're
sending from, place the following text in the Subject line of the
email message  Account: username ('username' refers to the
PhotoPoint account you want the picture placed in).

For example: Account: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Be sure to add the space between the colon and the first letter
of the email address.

By the way, this is a great way to send photos to friends' and
family members' PhotoPoint accounts to use in their albums. Just
be sure you spell their usernames right!