Kind of appropriate, now that it's summer--Basically a bombe is molded ice
cream.

CHOCOLATE BOMBE

soak 1.5 tsp gelatin in
1C cold water

while that is soaking, bring to just under a boil

1C milk
1.5C sugar
2 tsp cocoa

dissolve the gelatin in the mixture.  Add

1 tsp vanilla

cool until just about to set.

while mixture is cooling, whip

2C of whipping cream

to LOW peaks (too much whipping of the cream at this point may cost you
crystals in the mold)

fold lightly into the gelatin mixture.

pour into mold, freeze

To serve:

remove mold from freezer 30 min prior to serving, leaving mold on bombe
until just ready for use.  Suggested garnish: a sprig or two of mint.

HTH

--
In these matters the only certainty is that there is nothing certain.
                -- Pliny the Elder

John Galt ([EMAIL PROTECTED])