Mutant Watch Spreading Across U.S.A.
***********************************

PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN
America is built on the strength of its families. The question is, what are families
built on? The answer is people. Ordinary people. Lawyers and doctors, steel workers
and schoolteachers. People like you. People like me.
As I speak, there is a new and ominous danger facing our families. It is a danger
facing every man, woman and child. And only a handful of Americans even know it's out
there.

It hides behind the face of your co-worker, your bowling buddy, even your trusted
family physician. It's sitting on your PTA board. It's waiting in the hallways of your
neighborhood parish. It may even be watching your children as they sleep.

What menace am I speaking of? The greatest scourge of the twenty-first century. My
friends, I'm talking about MUTANTS.

http://www.mutantwatch.com/

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Mutation Probability: EXTREMELY HIGH
There is an extremely high probability that you are a mutant. Report any other known
mutants now.  The Genetically Pure Patriot Brigade will be in contact soon.
http://www.mutantwatch.com/quiz.html
 &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Equality for All

Throughout history, human beings have reached for the stars -- and wallowed in the
mud. They've accomplished great things, and killed each other in the millions. One
thing is for certain: we are capable of anything.

In recent years, scientists and geneticists have become aware of a class of humans
called "mutants", people who have evolved beyond the scope of ordinary human capacity
and developed extraordinary powers.

This has made some people fearful, something which Senator Kelly has exploited for his
own personal gain. A master demagogue, Senator Kelly has worked to turn the populace
against the mutants with fear tactics, misinformation, and all manner of scurrilous
accusations.

Now the Senator is proposing a Mutant Registry to keep track of mutants. All
freedom-loving peoples should see this as the first step to tyranny, an encroachment
on the liberties of a few that will inevitably blossom into shackles for all of us.

That is why we must take a stand. The mutants need our help and understanding. We must
come to their defense. If we desert them, we will be throwing away our own freedoms in
advance.
<http://countingdown.com/x-men/>

Are Mutations Harmful?
**********************
by Richard Harter
Q: Are there favorable mutations?

A: There are, but it can be hard to tell.
For a number of reasons it is not simple to give examples of favorable mutations.
First of all, as we have seen, traits may be favorable or unfavorable, depending upon
the environment. Secondly it is not usually known to what extent a trait is
genetically fixed and to what extent it reflects a reaction to the environment.
Thirdly we don't usually know what genes effect which traits. Moreover a mutation may
be favorable in the sense that it permits survival in an unfavorable environment and
yet be unfavorable in a better environment.
However there are a number of good examples:
Bacteria that eat Nylon:

Well, no, they don't actually eat nylon; they eat short molecules (nylon oligomers)
found in the waste waters of plants that produce nylon. They metabolize short nylon
oligomers, breaking the nylon linkages with a couple of related enzymes. Since the
bonds involved aren't found in natural products, the enzymes must have arisen since
the time nylon was invented (around the 1940s). It would appear this happened by new
mutations in that time period.
Lactose tolerance:

Lactose intolerance in adult mammals has a clear evolutionary explanation; the onset
of lactose intolerance makes it easy to wean the young. Human beings, however, have
taken up the habit of eating milk products. This is not universal; it is something
that originated in cultures that kept cattle and goats. In these cultures lactose
tolerance had a strong selective value.
In the modern world there is a strong correlation between lactose tolerance and having
ancestors who lived in cultures that exploited milk as a food.
It should be understood that it was a matter of chance that the lactose tolerance
mutation appeared in a group where it was advantageous. It might have been established
first by genetic drift within a group which then discovered that they could use milk.
FULL TEXT:
http://www.tiac.net/users/cri/mutate.html

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Summer Specials at MutaToys :::

The Interactive Pet - Poo-Chi  Poo-Chi will sit, sing and dance for you. You teach
Poo-Chi all the commands you would teach a real dog - sit, lay down, shake, even dance
on it's tippy toes. The more you interact with Poo-Chi the happier Poo-Chi will be.
When ignored Poo-chi we move it's mouth, ears, eyes and legs to express it's feelings.
Poo-Chi responds to light, sound and touch. Poo-Chi can sing 6 different songs and
requires 3AAA batteries.
Your Price: $29.99

Ren & Stimpy: Space Mutants GAMEBOY/1 player/Rating: E
Activate your viewscreen and prepare to blast off for adventure in the amazing year
400 billion with commander ren hoek and his faithful companion, cadet stimpy. explore
vast alien worlds with our heroes as they roam the endless, uncharted regions of
space, struggling to defeat intergalactic evil. is there intelligent life in the
universe? no. you eediot! only ren hoek and cadet stimpy, two space cadets who'll
boldly take you where no higher mammal has gone before. the question is, will you know
how to get back?
Your Price: $19.99

Ninja Turtles - The Next Mutation VHS / Not Rated / 1998
"East Meets West" Years later, older and (hopefully) wiser, the four intrepid turtles
are joined by a work of art in the form of a long lost sister. But though baby
blue-clad Venus de Milo is fully trained in the Shinobi arts, it will take all of the
turtles' prowess to put a stop to the dread Dragon Lord's schemes of conquering the
universe.
Your Price: $12.99

Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Starfighter Rocket Kit  Imagine flying an X-wing starfighter
with this Ready-Built flying model rocket. This highly detailed X-wing leaps off the
launch pad on mini-engine power. Streak through the Star Wars galaxy with your own
version of Luke's Red 5 X-wing! Specs: Length: 6" (15.2 cm) Wingspan: 5" (12.7 mm)
Recovery: 36" (90 cm) streamer on the pod; X-wing tumbles Maximum Altitude: 205 feet
(62 m) Recommended Engines: A10-3T (includes one engine)
Your Price: $13.99

Kool Shades Wireless FM Microphone  Broadcast Your Voice Through Any FM Radio Stylish
Kool Shades Design ON/OFF Switch Built-In Fine Tuning Control Safety Wire Antenna Uses
two "AA" Batteries (Not Included)
Your Price: $6.99

32 Key Synthesizer Keyboard  8 Musical Instrument Sounds: Piano, Organ, Violin,
Trumpet, Mandolin, Bell, Music Box and Guitar 8 Rhythm Sounds: Slow Rock, Rock, New
Disco, March Waltz, Samba and Blues 5 Percussion and Animal Sounds 6 Demo Songs Record
and Playback Your Price: $14.99

Animorphs: Transformers Deluxe Tobias/Hawk  Animorphs Transformers Deluxe Tobias/Hawk
with mega expansion wings and retractable talons.
Your Price: $9.99

Star Wars Remote Control R2-D2  Remote control moves R2 forward, and backwards as he
turns. His head rotates, blinking light and authentic Star Wars sound.
Your Price: $24.99

MutaToys ::: Toys for Mutants, Tools for Time Travellers
http://mutatoy.vstoretoys.com

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

DO YOU KNOW A MUTANT?
***************************
Have you recently witnessed what you suspect might be mutant activity? If so, it is
imperative that you immediately register the names of the individual(s) in question.
Please use the attached form to describe, as accurately as possible, what you have
witnessed. Please select all those that apply.
http://www.mutantwatch.com/knowamutant.html

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Professor Stan at Mutant Central
********************************

Yo, fellow mutant lovers! stanlee.net just scored even
more X-citing X-Men X-clusive news and photos from
our buds at Fox! We're thrilled to be a part of the X-Men
mania that's steadily building as the fateful date of July
14th draws ever closer, and we can't wait to show you
more of our special features.

Don't forget, for the latest and greatest in X-Men news,
always check in here at stanlee.net's X-Men Central.
You know it's the right thing to do!

And don't forget to visit  <http://www.x-men-the-movie.com>!

http://www.stanlee.net/

Summer Special Releases at MUTANEX

characters in all their 3-D glory/ including Wolverine/ Cyclops/ Gambit/ Storm/ Beast/
Phoenix/ Magneto/ and Sabretooth. Each character has its own unique signature mutant
powers/ abilities and moves/ enhanced by special effects like aerialcombat and
hard-hitting recoils. Enjoy three different modes of play: Academy Training/ Arcade
and Versus ( classic two-player fighter mode). X-MEN Mutant Academy features
true-to-the-comic character costumes and mutant powers.
Your Price: $39.99
Expected Release Date: July 19, 2000
Order title now and we will ship it to you as soon as it is available.
(Search ::: "Mutant")

Princess Mononoke DVD / PG-13 / 1997
Hayao Miyazaki's epic is a stunning achievement that stands firmly as one of the
greatest animated films of all time. PRINCESS MONONOKE tells the story of Ashitaka, a
young man who finds himself afflicted with a life-threatening illness. While trying to
protect his village from a vicious boar-god, he journeys into a mystical forest to
find a cure for his malady, as well as a reason for the boar-god's existence. Once
there, he finds himself in the middle of a feud between forest creatures--who want to
protect their land--and humans--who want to destroy it. Stunning animation highlights
this action-packed adventure. Your Price: $26.39
Expected Release Date: July 11, 2000
Order title now and we will ship it to you as soon as it is available

MUTANEX Books & Film ::: Secure Online Shopping, Fast Delivery
http://mutanex.vstorebooks.com

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Mutatis Mutandis X-Central
************************

"Mutatis Mutandis":::"Everything changes" - the motto of Xavier's School for Gifted
Youngsters  and a fact of life for all who wear or have in the past worn the X, is
also the title of this page, because it is constantly mutating.
http://members.xoom.com/charleyx/

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

MUTANEX Summer Film Festival
******************************

SUPER HI-FI STEREO VCR SPECIAL!!!

Fisher FVH-T669S 4-Head Hi-Fi Stereo VCR with SPEEDWatch(r)  Fisher FVH-T699S stereo
VCR, could be considered the perfect machine for so many reasons. Overall, you will
love its SPEEDWatch(r) mode, which lets you view 60 minutes of footage in only 30
minutes. It also features a shuttle remote control, making fast forwarding or
rewinding easy. And with the VCR Plus+(tm) function, you will never miss your favorite
shows.

List Price: $149.99
Your Price: $89.96

12 Monkeys Bruce Willis / VHS / R / 1995
When a man enters a hospital claiming to have journeyed back in time from the year
2025 to stop a killer virus from exterminating mankind, a beautiful psychologist
decides he might be more than delusional. Terry Gilliam populates this labyrinthine,
apocalyptic film with twisted characters and eerie revelations. Your Price: $12.99

Altered States William Hurt / VHS / R / 1980
Great performances and mind-blowing special effects. A psycho-physiologist doing
experiments with human consciousness eventually decides to test his findings on
himself. He becomes obsessed with performing these auto-sensory deprivation
experiments until he actually changes form physically, ending up as a gorilla at a
local zoo. He returns to his normal state, at which point he also involves his wife in
the experimentation. William Hurt made his film debut in "Altered States."
Your Price: $9.99

The Fury Kirk Douglas / VHS / R / 1978
Another De Palma tale of young people with psychokinetic powers, but this goes for
suspense rather than the gorefest of Carrie. Douglas plays a father, head of a psychic
research lab, who attempts to protect his psychically gifted son from government use
in secret mind-control experiments. The debut for Hannah. "I'm just a receiver, and
Robin sends me pictures." -- Gillian (Amy Irving)  Feature film debut for actress
Daryl Hannah.
Your Price: $9.99

Tank Girl Lori Petty / VHS / R / 1995
In the year 2033, an evil dictator hoards water in the Australian desert until a
spunky, punky girl steals a tank and joins up with an army of mutant kangaroo men to
restore justice. Based on the action-packed comic book by Alan Martin and Jamie
Hewlett. The alternative soundtrack features Belly, Bjork, Devo, Hole, Ice-T, Iggy
Pop, L7, Stomp, and Veruca Salt. Filmed in DeLuxe color and Anamorphic. In DTS stereo
surround. Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification. Your Price: $9.99

Develop Your Psychic Powers VHS / Not Rated / 1996
Learn how to unlock and sharpen your innate psychic powers in this instructional video
hosted by world-renowned clairvoyant and author Litany Burns. Includes a series of
interactive exercises designed to improve your psychic skills immediately. Learn how
to unlock and sharpen your innate psychic powers in this instructional video hosted by
world-renowned clairvoyant and author Litany Burns. Includes a series of interactive
exercises designed to improve your psychic skills immediately.
Your Price: $12.99

Village of the Damned Christopher Reeve / VHS / R / 1995
Horror master John Carpenter offers this remake of the classic 1960 sci-fi thriller.
Ten women simultaneously get pregnant in a sleepy California town, giving birth to a
brood of platinum-haired geniuses whose psychic powers reign terror on the town. From
John Wyndham's 1957 novel, "The Midwich Cuckoos." Your Price: $16.99

Mutant League VHS / Not Rated / 1995
Forget the Olympics! The Mutant League features no sportsmanship, a variety of
contests and its athletes have all turned into unbelievably talented mutants by the
release of toxic gas! Based on the popular animated series which in turn is based on
the popular video game. The Mutant League Championships: where mutant athletes --
mutated by toxic gas unleashed in a massive earthquake -- can demonstrate their
un-sportsmanlike conduct, super strength, sonic speed and unusual abilities. Pumped up
and ready to fight they compete for the ultimate trophy!
Your Price: $12.99

Outer Limits - "The Mutant" Warren Oates / VHS / Not Rated
A strange report from Earth colony "Annex One" sends Dr. Marshall to investigate. He
discovers that the former leader of the colony has had an 'accident' and now dominates
the inhabitants with new-found powers.
Your Price: $11.49

The Mole People John Agar / VHS / Not Rated / 1956
Three archeologists accidentally discover an underground civilization where
survivalists enslave tortured Mutant Mole Men and sacrifice beautiful women to enforce
population control. When the mutants revolt the humans must escape.
Your Price: $9.99

The Andromeda Strain James Olson / VHS / G / 1971
An active satellite falls out of orbit and crash lands in a small town. A deadly and
mysterious bacteria released by the collision begins to systematically kill off the
population. Scientists try to determine the basis and a cure for the deadly interloper
and discover that only a small baby and the town drunk seem impervious to its spread.
Anxiety rises as the researchers scramble for a cure before they too are wiped out.
Based on the novel by Michael Crichton. Your Price: $9.99

Beneath the Planet of the Apes Charlton Heston / VHS / G / 1970
The second installment in the Planet of Apes series finds an astronaut following in
Heston's time-wandering footsteps to a planet ruled by highly evolved apes where he
encounters a group of nuclear holocaust survivors living in Grand Central Station and
worshipping the very atomic warhead that destroyed their world. Still involving, if
not the breakthrough of the first outing. The second installment in the Planet of Apes
series . Here, an earthling sent to find the astronauts of the original film discovers
not only a world of intelligent, talking apes, but an underground cult of grotesque
"humans" who are the survivors of a nuclear blast years ago. Unfortunately, these
mutants worship a nuclear bomb, a weapon which not only is the centerpiece of their
society, but can be detonated at any time...
Your Price: $12.99

A Boy and His Dog Don Johnson / DVD / R / 1975
A wandering survivor of atomic holocaust depends on his telepathic dog for
companionship and to lead him to food and sex. The bedraggled duo eventually discover
an underground society of survivors. A cult black comedy based on the novella by
Harlan Ellison. Your Price: $16.99

MUTANEX Books & Film Online ::: Secure Server, Fast Delivery
http://mutanex.vstorebooks.com

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Cow Tse Tongue's

"Remarkably Intelligent for a Human" Awards

ABOUT THE AWARD

In the Animal Kingdom everyone is good at something. This is how eachspecies survives.
The Grizzly Bear is very strong. The Leopard is very fast.The Porcupine has excellent
protection.

The Human, my friends, let me be frank, is rather lacking. A strangelooking creature
with bits of hair stuck in odd places, Humans are a ganglyprimate whose appearance is
much like that of a large plucked chimpanzee.They rarely climb trees, aren't very
fast, aren't strong, aren't smart,smell bad, and have poor taste in fashion.

How does this weak chattering creature survive, you ask? Not only survivebut dominate
the entire Earth?! (save cockroaches, pigeons, and rats) Whydo the rest of us put up
with it, I ask?

Entertainment value. These neurotic beasts are absolutely fabulous at parties! They
eat, they drink, they carry on. And their mating rituals! Talk about an inexpensive
never ending soap opera. At least our Bulls fightit out and get on with it.

But I digress. Once in a very rare while, a Human rises above their natural state and
does something intelligent. Yes, yes, I know there are a lot ofnay sayers out there
who say this is impossible, but in my wide travels,I have heard of instances of
intelligence amongst the loud ones. I'm sure that these rare & outstanding specimens
return to their previous riotous behavior, but let us give credit where credit is due.

It is with great pleasure that I present to you, the Cow Tse Tongue
"RemarkablyIntelligent for a Human" awards.
Please submit your candidates for intelligent Humans to Cow Tse Tongue at:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cows With Guns Revolutionary Committee
http://www.cowswithguns.com/

Book Features at BeamShip MUTANEX

Psychic Pets & Spirit Animals Paperback / 272 pages / 1999
"There are many accounts of mental connections between pets and their
owners....Unusual, entertaining, and fun." - NAPRA ReView Your Price: $4.49

Shade's Children Garth Nix / Hardcover / 288 pages / 1997
In the brutal world of the future, an unspeakable fate awaits the human children of
the Dormitories when they turn 14. It is from this Sad Birthday that Shade's
Children--Ella, Drum, Gold-Eye, and Ninde--have escaped. Hunted ceaselessly by savage
mutant creatures, they join forces to form a resistance movement. Cunning,
clairvoyance, and sheer desperate force of will help them. But ultimately their fate
rests with the charismatic Shade, who calls himself their friend... "...one of the
darkest, gripping reads young-adult science fiction fans could imagine." - Thomas S.
Owens, Five Owls Your Price: $14.49

Remote Viewers: The Secret History of America's Psychic Spies Jim Schnabel / Paperback
/ 1997
Remote Viewers is a tale of the Pentagons attempts to develop the perfect tool for
espionage: psychic spies. These psychic spies, or "remote viewers," were able to
infiltrate any target, elude any form of security, and never risk scratch. For twenty
years, the government selected civilian and military personnel for psychic ability,
trained them, and put them to work, full-time, at taxpayers' expense, against real
intelligence targets. The results were so astonishing that the program soon involved
more than a dozen separate agencies, including the CIA, the Defense Intelligence
Agency, the National Security Council, the FBI, the National Security Agency, the
Secret Service, the Navy, the Army, the Air Force, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Drug
Enforcement Agency, the US Customs Service, the US Special Forces Command, and at
least one Pentagon drug-interaction task force. Most of this material is still
officially classified. After three years of research, with access to numerous !
!
!
sources in the intelligence community--including the remote viewers
themselves--science writer Jim Schnabel reveals for the first time the secret details
of the strangest chapter in the history of espionage.
Your Price: $5.49

Mutant Message from Forever: A Novel of Aboriginal Wisdom Marlo Morgan / Paperback /
336 pages / 1999
 Following her modern classic and worldwide bestseller A Mutant Message Down Under,
Marlo Morgan's long-awaited second novel is a tale of self-enlightenment about
aboriginal twins separated at birth and the searchfor roots that reunites them from
opposite sides of the globe. Message from Forever is an incredibly moving story in
which the power of purity, acceptance, and openness transcends injustice and
degradation, directing is to live our lives in accordance with ageless values and
simple wisdom.
Your Price: $11.49

MUTANEX Books & Film ::: Weird, Wild & Wonderous
http://mutanex.vstorebooks.com

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

PHYTOREMEDIATION: A GREEN WAY TO CLEAN UP POLLUTION

By Cat Lazaroff
WASHINGTON, DC, July 5, 2000 (ENS) - The natural activities of growing
plants can help clean toxic chemicals, heavy metals and even radiation from
contaminated soil and water. This process, known as phytoremediation, is an
increasingly popular choice in the search for inexpensive, effective and
environmentally friendly methods of restoring polluted sites around the
world.

For full text and graphics visit:
<http://ens.lycos.com/ens/jul2000/2000L-07-05-06.html>

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Donate to the World at no cost to you
************************************

Make free donations quickly and easily, every day! The links are directly to the left,
so go ahead and start clicking to donate at no cost to you. Start by visiting The
Hunger Site, and then click on "Donate Free Food". Then you can move on to the next
charity and donate there... Money, shelter, forest, food... be sure to bookmark and
return regularly!

http://www.quickdonations.com/

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

LivingElectron Summer Magnetic Specials

Acupuncture-Grip  Portable hand exercise grip fits neatly into palm of hand. 27 and 16
moveable pressure probes invigorate palm and fingers. 2.7" x 2" x 0.8".
Your Price: $4.00

Vitality Chip Magnet  Developed in Europe, this pocket portable, magnetic chip
produces a high induction, 800 gauss magnetic field for vitalizing the body. Either
side of this circular/bipole magnet, encased in a durable, 0.3 x 1.5 x 1.5 plastic
case, may be placed or worn on the body.
Your Price: $8.00

Ropei Ring - 24k Gold Plated  Self-adjusting, twisted rope like stylish ring with
2,500 gauss magnets encapsulated in plated balls. 0.2" diameter x 7.5" long.
Your Price: $13.00

LivingElectron Online ::: Largest Selection of Magnetic Therapy on the Web
http://healing.vstorebeauty.com

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Join the Race to Save the Big Cats!

Come join me in Care2.com's Race for the Big Cats - where you
support habitat for endangered big cats by clicking your mouse!

Just click: http://bigcats.care2.com/welcome?w=361219422

You can click once a day to generate a donation which supports
habitat for endangered Tigers, Jaguars and Leopards. It's free to you!
Each day you click, sponsors make a donation to the Wildlife Conservation Society
which supports 5.2 acres of habitat.

Each daily visit also enters you in a drawing to win a trip to the Amazon
Jungle, a home to the Jaguar.

You can see your own impact, and the impact of the friends you invite!

Care2.com's Race for the Big Cats benefits Wildlife Conservation Society's
Tiger Program, Jaguar Conservation Program, and Asia Program for Snow
Leopards. Thanks for joining the effort!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

BeamShip MUTANEX is proud to announce
the opening of MUTANEX Books and Film!!!

Secure, convenient online shopping for books,
music, and films.... we carry everything from "UFO"
to "Marijuana," from Mazzy Star to Zap Mama, from "A Boy and His Dog" to "12
Monkeys"!!!

MUTANEX Library ::: http://mutanex.vstorebooks.com
Toys for Mutants, Tools for TimeTravellers!
Now Online at MutaToy!!!
For charging up your transformers, or for the next wild RAVE,
get your GOLD-PLATED SLINKY today!!! Make unique presents!

All of the proceeds from MutaToy go toward ENVIRONMENTAL
RECLAMATION projects, so tell your friends and family!

MutaToys ::: http://mutatoy.vstoretoys.com

MAGNETIC JEWELRY Large Selection
at LivingElectron!!! Catch the wave of the future!
LivingElectron ::: http://healing.vstorebeauty.com

MUTANEX Associate Special COUPON!!!
********************************
You can now get 20% off your first purchase.
Enter coupon code: 42642NWJY when prompted.
Your 20% will then be automatically deducted from your total purchase price
(before shipping and handling). But hurry, offer expires soon!

EarthAction Hawai'i
http://gaia.gen-next.com

This is a FreeFlow WebCast for your Info = Power
To Recieve several messages a month, send "Code 00"
To be excluded/Removed, simply reply "Code 86"
Thank you for Defending freedom of information!