At 3:32 PM -0700 7/21/00, Ernest Hua wrote:
>The point is that Mr. Anonymous publish what is
>clearly INTENDED to be their home addresses.
>
>These addresses may turn out to be totally bogus,
>but that does not excuse the INTENT.
>


Where was the righteous indignation when my home address and my 
Social Security Number were put into court papers released on the Net?

Or is only the government allowed to disseminated home addresses and 
SSN numbers?

Remember, the government maintains very large data bases of our 
addresses, important numbers, credit card information, medical 
status, movements, interests, etc. And they have shown a willingness 
to use this information to attack their political enemies (pace 
Clinton and the FBI files he used against his Republican opponents, 
pace many similar transgressions in many Administrations).

They even "leak" things like HIV status, through cutouts, while other 
branches of government are nattering about laws to stop insurance 
companies from compiling data bases.

Meanwhile, my SSN is floating around courtesy of the U.S. Marshals 
Service and the Justice Department.


>
>Clearly, Mr. Anonymous has an issue, but so do I,
>and I don't call for Hillary or Chelsea to be
>killed just because I don't like what Bill is
>doing.

Take a trank, Ern! You're jumping to way too many conclusions here. 
No one has called for action against either of these two agents. Your 
rhetoric here and in other of your posts suggests you think hit teams 
are being dispatched to deal with Jim and Dave and perhaps even their 
families and their pets.

This plays directly into their hands.

"Yes, Supervisor D'Onofrio, this chat room, "Cyber Punks," is 
discussing the killing of myself and Agent Costanello. They have 
clearly gone beyond the bounds of acceptable discussion. I'm 
recommending Stage Two Carnivore treatment. And I plan to release 
their Social Security Numbers so hackers friendly to our side can 
punish them suitably."


>
>Mr. Anonymous needs to get a grip and focus on
>the real problems, rather than some sweeping
>generalizations.
>
>On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Ernest Hua wrote:
>
>  > EXCUSE ME, ASSHOLE!  But this is way out of line!
>>  They may have wives and/or family!  Stay the fuck
>  > out of their loved ones' lives!
>...
>
>  > Don't fuck with their families, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!
>
>I didn't see anyone fucking with their families. I didn't see anyone
>*suggesting* that anyone fuck with their families. Did I miss something?


Yes, someone _does_ need to get a grip.


--Tim May

-- 
---------:---------:---------:---------:---------:---------:---------:----
Timothy C. May              | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
ComSec 3DES:   831-728-0152 | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
W.A.S.T.E.: Corralitos, CA  | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.

Reply via email to