A colleague asked yesterday "I wonder how much Diffie-Hellman is actually
used?", as we were sitting around talking about authentication (in particular)
and security (in general) protocols.

So I'm curious, are there any studies on what is actually deployed "out there"
and/or available in products -- qualified as the set of algorithms discussed
in Chapters 19 and 22 of Applied Cryptography 2nd Ed?

I suppose that a bunch of what's "out there" is under wraps and so data isn't
available, but commercial-off-the-shelf stuff generally touts what
algorithms/protocols it implements.

thoughts?

thanks,

JeffH