> The point of a cypher is to be secure. Ability to encrypt OC192 is not
> a substitute.

While I agree that NSA did a great con job on crypto community, that
is not a reason not to do the best one can.

You fear that we are playing with broken toys and wasting our time.
What else is there to do ? Use of one time pad is not yet a practical
option for general public, and those in need already use it.

Other countries will probably follow Japan and design their own 256 bit
Feistels - AES reeks far too much of USG presence. This will create some
interesting interoperability issues, especially if banksfollow the suite
and start doing custom designs. Anyone interested in a Crypto Gateway
startup ?