> On Nov 12, 2016, at 2:27 PM, Mirimir <miri...@riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> On 11/12/2016 12:02 PM, John Newman wrote:

>>>   So, good news, the wicked witch lost. Bad news, trump won
>>
>> The history of American politics is a wretched piece of surreal theatre....
>> Americans laboring under the illusion of freedom at home while every
>> murderous trick is taken by government in cahoots with industry to maximize
>> profits for the oligarchic elite. The Dulles brothers set the template in
>> Guatemala...
>>
>> Trump promises a return to a time (the post ww2 boom in America) when
>> America profited in particular off the fact that most of the rest of the
>> developed world had been bombed to shit, its industry destroyed. It's a nice
>> con, and I'm quite sure he will do everything in his considerable power to
>> enrich himself, his class, and his cronies, but I wonder what Joe Dumbshit
>> will think when those factory jobs DON'T come back....
>>
>> I'd say I hope it all gets burned down to the fucking ground, but I happen
>> to live in the DC area.
>
> Chunks of DC did, back in the 60s. And were still wastelands, last time
> I was there. Have those areas filled in yet?

Large chunks, in 1968, you're totally right...

I -think- most of it has finally been rebuilt as the metro expanded coverage in
the 90s-2000s, and gentrification swept America generally..

But I bet there is still some rubble, a testament to the rage after MLKs
assassination...   I'll have to look into it..