‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, February 1, 2020 10:27 AM, Zenaan Harkness <z...@freedbms.net>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 06:44:27PM -0300, Punk-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 13:24:02 +0000
> > "other.arkitech" other.arkit...@protonmail.com wrote:
> >
> > > Software updates are pulled like your OS pulls updates from repositories.
> > > You can find a number of devices at your home fitting this model: Router,
> > > TV, Windows.
> >
> > people tolerate that 'model' because they are idiots. Especially idiots who
> > buy a retard-TV and run windows. But the 'model' is also pushed on them, so
> > they are not completely to blame. Conclusion : the two reasons the 'model'
> > is used are stupidity and criminal intent.
>
> Ok.
>
> > Also, notice how piece of shit 'developers' can't write decent code so they
> > keep updating their garbage to fix the endless stream of bugs they create.
> > Useless assholes. And in the process, they end up having complete control
> > over, and owning hardware that other idiots, known as 'users', paid for.
>
> Developing bug free software, is not so easy (and this is of course
> no reason to push proprietary software or advocate for broken update
> models).
>
> Analogy:
>
> Privacy is a sort of solved problem - PGP, TLS, SSL, NACL/ crypto
> box.
>
> Anonymity of any sort on the other hand, is so far from solved it's
> not funny, and the current $$$ regime is demanding greater and
> greater submission to giving up of private data makes the target
> look "sustainable manned base on Mars" levels of difficult.
>
> This reminds me of some years back, a vehement "defender of
> developers" who literarily bashed "those useless furkin USERS!" to an
> extreme - until someone gently asked which $EDITOR he used, and did
> he not consider himself a -user- of that editor?
>
> So, bug free software?
>
> Have at it bro! And you will be showered with accolades in the order
> of "shirt, if DJB ain't some kind o' genius, we'll just forgive his
> social acerbic-ness and let him code and create in his ivory tower!"
>
> Of course, when looked at objectively, most of us are indeed idiots.
>
> Except of course "I, In My Extremely High Opinion".
>
> If you ain't got bug free software to push,
> your "developers are useless bug creating arseholes" cry won't
> land all too well with many folks.
>
> > > I do share the code with devs for specific patches under NDA.
> >
> > NDA? LMAO! Frankly, at this point I should tell you to get lost.
>
> The proprietary software horse has left the barn - and that's a good
> thing - the consequence being that any thoughtful software developer
> will not put his energy into proprietary - aka "someone else's" -
> enterprise/ software/ company.
>
> FLOSS works for "lowly developers" because it is a fundamentally
> fairer model than proprietary software. "If I spend years of my life
> learning to code improvements/modules to particular software
> platform, it might as bloody well be something I can continue to do
> [...]

I am between two lands.
On one side I joined the Free Software movement mid90's, since then, all I have
done require using/producing GPL software. I Fought Micro$oft evil empire of
proprietary software and all I want is this model to die.

On the other side, this particular project is a seed for something bigger that
requires funding. While looking my way through investors I must not disclose
the sources because having a 'secret' in my pocket sort of helps in accessing
funds.

Only when I am at good financial position that allows me continue with the
project I'll make 1.- User base; 2.- dev community on GPL/AGPL os any other
FOSS.

You see. It is not about a war between proprietary/free sw. It is how to
getting mainstream.

My strategy is:
1st stage: privative - seed the project
2nd stage: Free - grow the fish

I apologize to me and to you free software advocates all of us for using a
privative model as a continuity solution for the project.

I understand your complaints.

Cheers
OA