Okay I've just barely got into this.
As I recall from a few years back, not just messages from me were missing, but also messages that mentioned assassination politics, ap, etc.
Oddly, the string AP when it referred to associated press, remained in the 1995 CP database.  So someone very carefully went through the database, it did not merely blindly ask the software to delete all messages that had ap, for example.