At 5:19 PM -0700 4/24/01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 >Well, suffice it to say that there are a lot of "clearly special cases."

And suffice it to say that if we drop probation, financial exchanges and
corporate topics and stick with conversations ( information exchanges )
between ordinary individuals all is well but keep pushing the technology
since the bad guys will never give up.

Exactly, precisely, totally!

The list of "restrictions on communications" from our Hushmail contributor
was expected. I could have generated such a list myself, obviously.

The problem with the mindset of folks like Aimee and Ms./Mr. Hushmail is
that they have essentially _given up_. They have taken the welter of laws
regarding how corporate officers may communicate with other corporate officers
(dating back to 1890), how draft opponents may communicate with the public
(dating back to 1920), and so on and so forth, and have said this "means"
government has the authority to order the form, content, and participants
in a conversation.

Feh.

--Tim May
Ahhh... but the most important question is not whether they have the authority
but the ability.

ks

Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com