At 12:10 PM -0500 3/28/00, William H. Geiger III wrote:
>I just received the following note:

>I find this to be slanderous, and a defamation of my character, harmful to
>both by personal & business reputation. In addition, Microsystems, is
>fully aware that my website is not involved in any of the above activities
>that they claim.
>
>If Microsystems wishes to block some or all of my webpages then they
>should do so under an appropriate catagory.

In a free society, people or other entities may give opinions as they
wish. Including, but not limited to, opinions about restaurants,
movies, companies, sites, books, and so on.

This clearly means that other people or entities can then pay for
these opinions, by subscribing to restaurant reviews or with Internet
blocking and filtering services.

The "reasons" for a review are irrelevant.

In a free society, that is.

Some here seem to keep forgetting this.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.