Some of the mailing daemons associated with the cypherpunk mailing lists
demand that people who post via them are also subscribed to the list via
them. A few of them do not. The reason being, is the fact that if it was
manditory to subscribe to post, then the (many) anonymous posters would be
SOL - something that shouldn't happen to such a mailing list.