Anonymous wrote:

> Fuck, no traffic on cpunks except this ...
>
> >Actually, it is the U.S. Postal Service. Officials there are planning
> >to offer people living at all 120 million of the nation's residential
> >street addresses free e-mail addresses. It would link the e-mail and
>
> The stupidity of the author, ny.politics readers and George
> is flabbergasting. Maybe George can be saved:
>
> - there is no technology known to man that can force user
> to check the POP mailbox that he is not interested in.

Technology is not needed. Once every American has access to an
internet connection, thanks to the benevolent government's phone
surcharge, and everyone has a permanent email address, thanks to our
wise government's far-seeing policies, our lords and masters can start
sending essential notices only to those addresses. Paper notices won't
be sent because they cost too many dollars which can instead be put
into scholarships for disadvantaged youth, and email addresses with
private ISPs won't be accepted for this service because the federal
government can't trust those addresses to be current. It might take a
few years before the subjects are required to check their USPO email
regularly, but they can be held responsible for the contents of the
mailbox immediately.

The ID of this mailbox will of course be the SSN, because that's a
guaranteed-unique number which every subject is required to have
anyway.

--
Steve Furlong, Computer Condottiere     Have GNU, will travel
   518-374-4720     [EMAIL PROTECTED]