On Monday, January 7, 2002, at 04:11 PM, Tim May wrote:

> On Monday, January 7, 2002, at 12:39 AM, Petro wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 6, 2002, at 06:37 PM, Bill Stewart wrote:
>>> Nor do I.  If the neighbor's kid wants to steal my
>>> overweight television or 233-MHz PC, it's not worth killing him for,
> Bill is of course welcome to invite the neighbor's kids to steal his
> stuff.
> My mileage varies.
> I think it is a moral necessity to kill anyone trying to steal anything
> (beyond the utterly trivial or confusable, e.g., one should not kill
> someone picking up a toy left out in the yard...might be a mistake, he
> might be trying to return it, etc.).
> Someone stealing a television or PC has certainly earned killing.

        Given the legal hassle that one will face if one does that, it's just
not worth it. A 500 dollar TV (well, it was probably worth 500 when
purchased 15 years ago, we got it free in 1995) is not worth 20k in
lawyers fees. A 1900 dollar Macintosh isn't worth 10k in lawyers fees.

> This is what strong crypto will make more possible: the deliverance of
> strong vengeance, untraceably. (Hint: This preceeded Jimbell by many
> years.) Fact is, many people have already earned killing. The only reason
> we cannot dispose of them is that liberal shits interfere with vengeance.

        Those that have earned killing didn't earn it by stealing TVs or the
value-equivalent.

>>      There are only 3 things in my home worth killing to protect:
>>      (1) My wife.
>>      (2) My self.
>>      (3) My guns.
> Again, my mileage varies. And since I decide what is important to me, it'
> s "my house, my rules."

        Understand this, that if someone breaks into my home when I'm there,
I'll do my whatever it takes to nullify the threat because if they come in
when I'm home I have to assume that they are after one of those three.

> Certainly nearly every member, with but a handful of exceptions, of
> Congress has earned the death penalty many times over.

        For a completely different level of theft.

--
"Those without creative minds and agile fingers are of course
welcome to hurry up with my fries. And they'll probably use