Poster Cause Uproar in New Orleans

  posted by dfg on Friday January 25 2002 @ 10:37AM PST
http://www.infoshop.org/inews/stories.php?story=02/01/25/3842990

   Uptown Signs Use Shock Value, Profanity
Rhetoric Reminiscent Of 'Fight Club' Prose NEW ORLEANS -- Signs using
profanity and threats to persuade people to vote for a minimum wage
increase popped up overnight Tuesday in the Uptown area.
The signs were posted along St. Charles Avenue and other areas Uptown, but
it is not known who is responsible.
They depict a person pointing a gun under the headline, "Raise The Minimum
Wage! ... Or Get Your Yuppie (expletive) Robbed!"
Some residents say that the signs are offensive and should be taken down
immediately. The city, however, reportedly has allocated most of its
resources to cleaning up the downtown area for the Super Bowl and may not
be able to remove the signs right away.
The minimum wage issue is on the Feb. 2 ballot."-Fox 8 News The full poster
text: RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE![girl with gun graphic]...OR GET YOUR YUPPIE
ASS ROBBED! The people you are keeping poor are the people you depend on.
We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we drive your cars, we connect your
calls, we clean your houses, we do your dishes, we sweep your streets, we
change your oil, we mop your floors, we mow your lawn....we even guard you
while you sleep.

DO NOT FUCK WITH US!

Link: http://www.angelfire.com/la2/neworleansanarchists/poster.html