Still believe that the government doesn't snoop in your private life ? Read
on:

Everyone in my Family has a bad cold this week.

So my wife is in Wal-Mart and she has in her cart (among the usually
household items): 1 Box of Advil Cold & Sinus (for my Wife), 1 Bottle of
Children's Tyenol Cold with Cough (for our youngnest), 1 Bottle of NyQuil
(for me), and 1 Bottle of Children's NyQuil (for our oldest).

She's checking out  when when the words "Limit 3" appears on the cash
register display. The check-out person informs her that this is because
Wal-Mart (in co-operation with law enforcement) is limiting the amount of
over the counter cold remedies one can buy to prevent their use in the
manufacturing of meth.

A Friend of my wife's is behind in line and offers to purchase one of the
cold medicines with her stuff so  my wife can check out.  The clerk says to
my wife "I trust you" and let's her pay for 1 bottle as a separate
transaction.

Needless to say my wife was pretty embarrassed.

I've got to wonder how effective this really is, and if now my family is some
sort of  "potential drug manufacturers" database with the government.