1899 -- Revolt against the non-imperialist benevolent
peace-loving US occupation forces begins in the
Philippines. The Islands became a U.S. colony
following the Spanish-American War, ostensibly fought
to free Cuba from foreign control (sic). Explained the
Beloved & Respected Comrade Leader president of the
Philippine Commission:
"We propose to stay there indefinitely in working
out this good that we propose to do them."
This good meant the US terrorized the nation & killed as many as
300,000 men, women & children, mostly civilians. It also herded
civilians into concentration camps. It had promised the country its
freedom, but reneged.
http://www.boondocksnet.com/centennial/sctexts/simbulan980704.html
http://free.freespeech.org/americanstateterrorism/ChronologyofTerror.html
http://free.freespeech.org/americanstateterrorism/usgenocide/Philippines.html