As several have pointed out, a single system these
days is replaceable readily. OTOH if anyone were
to decide that I were Disloyal they would get 4 or
5 depending on the day in question. Additionally,
in my freelance days they would have gotten data
from a client or two.

If we assume that only encrypted data is the
"problem" (grounds for extended seizure), then
only Bad Data should be encrypted and it should be
stored separately from other data stores. A
Usually Off Snap server on the network and
secreted in a wall, or some such, would work,
especially with wireless.  Off site, over-the-wire
would also work, but, in either case, there would
need to be no Residual Indicators when not in use.

Let us remember that the Committee for State
Security so recently and its little brethren are
not reluctant to use extra-legal means when they
have determined your guilt and need to build a
winnable case.  Which leads me to the real point
of my initial post: When the case looks unWinnable
(or insufficiently winnable) there is no
reluctance to go to early penalty phase - arrest
at 5:01 Friday for a holiday weekend, gather up
all the hardware and leave you with no means of
support, along with other methods as applicable to
the situation.

PHM

--
Paul H. Merrill, MCNE, MCSE+I, CISSP
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a
name of smime.p7s]