> So Ms. Farr will be glad to know, that in order to protect us,
> her government will consider you a potential terrorist if someone
> you exchanged (encrypted) mail with bought the pellets in the
> same week in which you bought teddy bears.

Don't tell me how I think or feel, what a cheap shot.

Ms. Farr thinks the best thing we can do is valiantly protect your
liberties, and avoid being provoked into a repressive orientation by fear,
and into division by uncertainty. When you see these things, you are
probably offended and perceive a bad future. I see visions of the death of a
nation. (Romans sacrificed too much of their liberty for safety, it's one of
the reasons they lost it, and fought two centuries of guerrilla warfare in
Spain.) I would rather fight on my feet, than live on my knees. But war
always means sacrifice, and sometimes you do have to duck. At any rate, I
really don't think that your problem is with the likes of me.

"...I well know the character of that senseless monster the people, unable
either to support the present or foresee the future, always desirous of
attempting the impossible, and of rushing headlong to its ruin. Yet your
unthinking folly shall not induce me to permit your own destruction, nor to
betray the trust committed to me by my sovereign and yours. Success in war
depends less on intrepidity than on prudence to await, to distinguish, and
to seize the decisive moment of fortune. You appear to regard the present
contest as a game of hazard, which you might determine by a single throw of
the dice; but I, at least, have learnt from experience to prefer security to
speed. But it seems that you offer to reinforce my troops and to march with
them against the enemy. Where then have you acquired your knowledge of war?
And what true soldier is not aware that the result of a battle must chiefly
rest on the skill and discipline of combatants? Ours is a real enemy in the
field; we march to a battle and not to a review."
--Belisarius, 537

~Aimee