I write in reply to your mention of P H Colomb on the WEB

If this P H Colomb was an Admiral and died in 1958 he resided at the house where I myself live in Coltishall in Norfolk England.

I belive that during the first world war he invented the device that sets off depth charges at the chosen depth of water.

His father another Admiral Philip Howard Colomb invented the shuttered signalling lamps used upon boats as well as the system of speaking tubes to communicate around the ship.

During the the late 19th century Colomb senior was responsible for pursuading the British Government to modernize their fleet to the then modern standards.

If this is of use please e-mail back as I can then put you in touch with the current family and relations of both these Naval Personalities

Kind Regards

B J  Jordan    22.02.2002.