On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:57:20AM -0500, Matthew Gaylor wrote:
> I'm just now starting to get feedback from the Dell cancelation of
> the Weigand Combat Handguns, Inc. order and noticed that Dell
> computers is listed as a beneficiary at the below link.

        There's no specific connection between Dell and Handgun Control, Inc.
It's all aggregated as a referral program where Dell is one merchant
participating in the referral pool, and Handgun Control, Inc is one
organization which can be the source of such a directed referral. Go up
one level, and look at the page http://www.progressivefunds.com/ . It
lists several other referring organizations. This particular referral
pool is being run by progressivefunds.com, so of course the *referring*
organizations reflect those views. That says nothing about the
participating *merchants*.

        Basically, the merchants are paying the organization a
commission for business from that organization's members. I can hardly
speak for Dell, but on general principles I'd assume they'd be happy
to give the NRA the same deal if a conservative group wanted to offer
referrals in a similar online mall. See http://www.linkshare.com/

--
Seth Finkelstein  Consulting Programmer  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://sethf.com
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/07/19/technology/circuits/19HACK.html