On Wednesday, February 27, 2002, at 11:16  PM, Matthew Gaylor wrote:
>    Thanks very much, [Dell PR person]
>    To Our Valued Customers and Friends:
>
>    U.S. export laws restrict the sale of technology to terrorists and to
>    people in countries that support terrorism. These laws also    When
> additional follow-up on an order is required, our sales
>    representatives ask our customers four basic questions:
>
>    1. Who is the end-user?
>    2. Where will the product be used?
>    3. What will the product be used for?
>    4. What type of business or industry is involved?
>
>    The answers to these questions, like all customer information we
>    gather, are confidential and are not shared outside of Dell.

For all of the computers I've bought, dating back to 1978, I have never
been asked a single one of these questions.

And lest anyone claim that this is because I bought before 911, my most
recent computer purchase was in January of this year. No questions about
me, my company, use of the machine, etc. None of their fucking business.

Sounds to me like Michael Dell (*) has deputized himself Sheriff of Dell
County, no relation to Gateway Country.

With the new revelations that Dell Computer is an active supporter of
Handgun Control Inc., more reason to avoid them and to actively seek
ways to destabilize their business.

(* I bought my first hard disk drive in 1984 from PCs Limited, Austin,
TX, the dorm room operation started by Dell.

--Tim May
"To those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty,
my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists."  --John Ashcroft,
U.S. Attorney General