The psy-op is that the story plants in the heads of Americans the idea
that Iranian kids *can* buy Barbie dolls. Corollaries being that Persian
people are "just like us" and that the country is open to foreign trade
and cultural influence.  An antidote to what (over here) we perceive as
US ignorance of Iran - if all you get to hear is Bush & govt.
spokescreatures you get the idea that all USans think Iran is a
totalitarian anti-women anti-semitic dictatorship al la the Taliban

Expect to see more news items that mention the democratically elected
Jewish and Armenian members of the Iranian Parliament, and well-dressed,
well-paid, well-educated women running businesses in Teheran.

The most effective propaganda is the truth - especially if you get to
choose which part of the truth is told.

Ken