Ken Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It is a very good film. It won an Oscar for best documentary (which is
> odd, seeing as it is fiction). Of course it is very precisely targeted
> against Kahn and his views (there is a parody of him in it) and intended
> to stress the uselessness of "civil defence" in a large-scale nuclear
> war.

In which case it is trying to make a political point which isn't
supported by most of the research which has been done in this area.

Even Duncan Campbell accepts that basic effective civil defence would
save large numbers of people in time of nuclear war.

When I saw "War Games" I thought it was extremely dated (its black and
white and 37 years old) and a pretty poor film.

I think that it owns its fame solely to the fact the BBC didn't
transmit it in 1965 (it was "banned") and that had it been shown at
the time it would now be forgotten

--
Steve Mynott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>