On 9 Apr 2002 at 16:54, Ken Brown wrote:

> But paper money is such a 20th-century thing! These days we're slowly
> drifting back to higher value metal coins (2 pounds out for a few years
> now, 5 pounds coming soon I think). Much more fun. Feels like real
> treasure!  Less of the floppy stuff, we want our ecash to look like real
> cash.
>
> Ken

Yeah, but is that because people want it, or because the treasury
wants it?  They've been trying to foist dollar coins on
US for years because they're cheaper (last forever and cost
about a dime to make vs. last about a year and cost maybe 3 cents
to make) but people hate them and don't use them.

George