On Thursday, April 11, 2002, at 04:24  AM, Ken Brown wrote:

> For some reason the mention of a "Susan B Anthony" dollar stuck in my
> brain as an "Alice B Sheldon" dollar. Susan Anthony is a person who I've
> never heard of. I'm almost tempted not to find out who she is or was to
> preserve a nugget of delicious cognitive dissonance. A world in which
> governments put Alice Sheldon on the currency would be an interestingly
> different world from the one we seem to be inhabiting.

Susan B. Anthony is a famous as Crispus Attuck, at least in post-70s
America.

You're not an American or a U.S. resident, so why should you expect to
know who Susan B. Anthony was?

By the way, she was an advocate of wimmin's rights, equal pay for
unequal work, "nurses should be paid as much as doctors," state
interventionism, victim disarmament, and every other bad idea Americans
ever had. A fine candidate for being sent up the smokestacks, so might
as well put the bitch on our money.

--Tim may