On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 12:53:36PM -0700, Joseph Ashwood wrote:
> [...]

    Um. No. Most people do no assocaite encryption with criminals.

    There are 4 reasons people don't use encryption in email:

    0) "Encryption, that's that SLS thingy, right?" (Ignorance, stupidity)

    1) Why bother? I am not a *target*. (apathy)

    2) It's too much hassle. (BAD tools)

    3) 95% of the people *I* send email to wouldn't know what to do with
    a message in S/MIME, much less PGP. (AKA the Fax Effect).

--
Johnny had four truckloads of plutonium. Johnny used four    | Quit smoking:
truckloads of plutonium to light New York City for a year.   | 161d, 11h ago