On Thursday 17 Oct 2002 3:15 pm, Adam Shostack wrote:
> and www.quizid.com
[snip]
> > The card works in conjunction with the Quizid vault - a large
> > collection of computers that can process 600 authentications per
> > second. The system cost millions of pounds to develop.
>
> (Oooh!  six hundred!  Impressive! :)

Although the "tech info" page at the quizid site claims "Benchmarked at 300
authentications per second"...

> I don't see anything on their site about the technology, but I do
> question if 4 colored buttons, with a probable pin length of 4-6, is

"Five-digit colour key using three different colours leading to 243 individual
combinations" - the five digits is a default apparently. Also locks the card
after 5 attempts.

Just waiting for the "Simon" hack for wholesome downtime repetition fun.

It's just about cute enough to make it into the pockets of the masses, along
with their phones, PDAs, binoculars...

  • QuizID Adam Shostack
    • Graham Lally