Sorry, I'm new, but does this refer to the notion of splitting up a document "holographically", and placing the various pieces of numerous servers throughout the 'Net? (Any one piece will probably not contain a complete copy of the information, and is encrypted too, sot that it is not possible to say that Server X holds forbidden piece of info Y.) Andas I remember, removal of any one (or multiple) pieces on varying servers will do nothing towards elimating that content from the Universe.

Can any one confirm that this is more or less "Transparent Mass Sotage Encryption"?

From: "Lucky Green" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Transparent drive encryption now in FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 21:40:42 -0800

FreeBSD's 5.0 release, due out in a couple of weeks, will offer much
anticipated transparent mass storage encryption. Subscribers to this
list so inclined are encouraged to review and test this new feature.

URLs:
  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sbin/gbde/
  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/geom/bde/

Thanks,