--- begin forwarded text

To: "R. A. Hettinga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Somebody
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:58:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: OPPOSE THE WAR! We are going to ruin Iraq to get the oil.
Who's ne

FWIW (Trivia)

> It is said that Simon Kenton could reload his Kentucky
> rifle in 12 seconds. The world record Springfield reload is about
> 6.5 seconds, a Brown Bess will take a bit longer than a
> Springfield.

"Jacob" (his rifle given him by Jacob Butler whose last name Kenton
used stole whilst on the run from a possible murder he thought he'd
done) was an Pennsylvania flintlock - after some practice, and on the
way to Fort Pitt, he was seen downing a turkey from 332 paces by
taking its head off...the beginning of truly legendary shooting.
These long shots by "colonials" with rifled bbls went a long way
toward traumatizing the Brits and Hessians...

Properly loaded, these slugs were being sent out with sabots on them,
assuring some pretty remarkable flights...

By the bye...CSI Miami just shot to HELL the concept of
"fingerprinting" the other night by covering a sniper using
sabots...and didn't mention a damned thing, much to my dismay...

Now, back to the thread..

<Somebody's .sig>

--- end forwarded text

--
R. A. Hettinga <mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>