[Apologies if you've seen this before, one of our machines has been quietly
 dropping outgoing mail...]

"Major Variola (ret)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>It's a mirror image to the government's plan to empower some Americans to
>check on their neighbors, under a program known as the Terrorism Information
>and Prevention System.

Is that the American Neighbourhood Watch?  That lead to the following post on
the ukcrypto list a while back:

-- Snip --

Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Beware! traitors are everywhere!  You must immediately report any
         terrorists
>treasonous behaviour or any suspicion of treasonous behaviour to the
 terrorist
>Computer. Failure to do so is treason.
 American Neighbourhood Watch

>Some of your brother Troubleshooters may serve the Computer as Guardians
              neigbours                             A.N.W.      neigbourhood
>Of Internal Security.  They are present for your protection.  They will
 wardens
>report any treasonous behaviour or hint of treasonous behaviour or
            terrorist                       terrorist
>suspicion that treasonous behavour might take place at some time in the
                terrorist
>future, to the Computer.  Rejoice in the assurance that any treason
                A.N.W.                                       terrorism
>among your companions will be discovered and punished.

>Devote your service to the Computer.  Your loyalty will be generously
                            A.N.W.
>rewarded.

So there we have the real explanation - Dubya wants a live roleplaying version
of the game.

Peter.

-- Snip --

Peter.