On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:04:09AM -0500, Trei, Peter wrote:
> > Jim Choate[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Harmon Seaver wrote:
> >
> > >    These ap.tbo.com links don't work. I get ap.tbo.com can't be found. I
> > > mentioned this a few days ago. I can do a whois on tbo.com alright, but
> > a lookup
> > > on ap.tbo.com says non-existant host/domain
> >
> > They work fine for me at every site (machines at three different domains)
> > I tested. Which seems rather obvious since I'm finding them to forward
> > them.
> >
> > Whatever the resolution problem is, it's on your end or some
> > betwix the two. Sorry you're having the problem but there is nothing I can
> > do about it. Perhaps you should talk to your nameserver operator(s).
> >
> Just another data point: They work fine for me as well.
>
> Peter Trei

    And it works okay here now too. Don't know why their DNS wasn't getting
propagated everywhere, although I used to see that a bit with USWest up in
MN. Maybe I'll change nameservers -- gave up on ameritech's quite awhile
ago. Ameritech, BTW, is a seriously bad ISP. Their mail servers and dns servers
are down an awful lot, and apparantly now they frown on dsl users setting up
their own smtp servers -- I can no longer mail to other ameritech accounts, it
gets rejected with a "Use your local ameritech mail server" message. PITA

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix