Seriously. cf recent neuroscience/paleoanthropology research about the >man-dog interface... He's talking about a recent study (in _Science_) comparing the ability of domestic dogs, wolves, and chimps to interpret a human's signals -pointing, gaze, etc.-- about the location of food. Dogs were better than wolves and chimps. Even dog puppies were better than chimps or wolves. Not bad for a dozen Kyears of selection.

Yeah,check out Ians zoo links,Faust.Police in Sydney are running these mutts all over users of pubic transport,so the suggestion has been made to carry and spread amounts of cayenne pepper as a workaround until a police dog specific,canine distemper virus can be sequenced.We need to keep our own dogs so when we bury the LEO's up to their necks,they'll have something to chew on.