> Marcel Popescu[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> > My intuition is that the government is going to be slightly fairer than,
> > for example, Disney.  That's just a guess, though.
>
> While I do have a "talent" for pissing off (and getting pissed off by)
> known
> celebrities (see Tim May in the cypherpunks list), I must confess that you
> are an incredible disappointment. I mean, nevermind the flippant response
> (I
> don't know why you bothered, honestly - I would rather you hadn't), but
> that's it? You "guess" that the government is going to be "slightly"
> fairer
> than Disney? Do you know of many people wrongfully imprisoned by Disney?
> Mark

Well, I'm sure there have been some. Remember that Disney
Corp is just about the sole land owner of the Reedy
Creek Improvment District, which was cut out of central
Florida in 1967 on Walt's promise to build
"The ExPerimental Community Of Tommorrow" there.

Originally EPCOT was to have been a real town, where
thousands of ordinary Floridians would live, vote, and
have families.

What actually happened was Disneyworld, with EPCOT just
another theme park. Within the RCID, Disney is effectively as
sovereign as Kissimmee or Orlando. It pays no local taxes
(except to the RCID), and supplies all it's own services -
roads, water, fire, and law enforcement. Yes, there are Disney
Cops, over 800 of them, who can arrest you and lock you up,
rightfully or wrongfully.

A few Disney employees and their families (about 65 people)
live on the 24 acres (out of 27,000) not owned by the Disney
Corp, RCID, or the State of Florida. They are the only voters
in the RCID, and the board of directors they elect are the
"independent" government of the RCID.

Check http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Disney101.html

Peter Trei