On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Sarad AV wrote:

> The Liar Paradox is an argument that arrives at a
> contradiction by reasoning about a Liar Sentence. The
> most familiar Liar Sentence is the following
> self-referential sentence:

> As it says-they are self referecial statements.What do
> we learn from the liars paradox?
>
> We arrive at a senseless result

The result isn't 'senseless', it is a understandable and -real world-
sentence. It however isn't 'true' or 'false' which was our original
assumption. Our assumption is what is failing, -not- the sentence.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org