On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, blah wrote:

> >'instantaneously' from -whose- perspective?
>
>   From anyone's perspective.

Not from the photons perspective, from a photons perspective there is -no-
time. It is clear from Relativity that as -anything- approaches the speed
of light it's mass grows larger (photons have -no- rest mass so 0 can't
get any bigger than 0) and time -slows to zero-.

> A signal carries information.
> You can't use quantum mechanics to propagate a signal faster than light.

Then explain two entangled photons and how they behave.

> If you think otherwise, allow me to refer you to the last chapter in
> "Quantum Mechanics", L. Schiff, where you will find the commutation
> relations for electromagnetic fields.

I'm familiar with it, however that is taken from the perspective of the
external observer, not the photon. Now, do the math -from the perspective
of a the photons-.

Let me ask you again:

- How big is the cosmos to a photon?

- How does time pass to a photon?

> > Only so long as there are -not- relativistic effects, which -do- happen
> > -any- time a photon is involved.
>
>   Don't be ridiculous. Relativistic quantum mechanics is not even a new
> discipline.

I am -not- saying that it is -new-. I -am- saying that QM and Relativity
have -not- been -completely combined- and that until that happens we won't
and can't understand what is going on.

In particular I -am- saying that there is a fundamental error being made
in experiments like the 2-slit and Entangled Photons, that error is that
only -one- perspective is being looked at, the non-relativistic
perspective of the mechanism, and that the -relativiistic perspective of
the photon is being completely ignored-. You are throwing information away
-a priori-. That to understand these results the experimenter -must- look
at the perspective of all participants in the experiment, especially those
who experience relativistic effects. And a photon is -always-
relativistic. Reality is -observer dependent-, the mechanism observes the
photon, the photon observes the mechanism. They are -not- in the same
time-space frame. The mechanism behaves in its classical time-space frame
and the photon behaves in its relativistic time-spacef frame (the only one
it has, excepting slowing effects in BEC's).

It's no small wonder the results make little sense.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org