hi,

Does n't that also mean that the US will have to time
well the ending of the war or the fall of iraq(If iraq
is to fall-that we will have to wait and see).

Usually we have oil reserves which can last three
months from the start of the war.How ever then the US
will not be able to sell it-until the reserves of
other countries dry out.

That would mean that it cannot let iraq fall at an
early stage of the war.No body will buy the oil from
US then and US will not be able to cover up the cost
of the war or may be even make profit of it.

So if US tries  blitzkrieg-iraq may fall in less than
100 days but they can't afford that to happen.They
would have to wait till the other countries oil
reserved dry out-sell the oil-make the money and then
invade iraq.

It also would mean that there can be no more countries
around iraq drawn fully into the war for US.

If Iran or Israel would attack iraq then the US oil
equation will not work.There are also enough sects in
and around iraq who will fight their way into iraq
once they find iraq is going to fall at any point
during the war.So US will want iraq be able to defend
its territories till it can sell the oil.Once that is
done-it can have its free run on iraq.
It also might mean a long campaign the arieal route
-missiles and bombs from planes.The ground troops will
be only pressed only when iraq would be ready to be
fell.
US seems to run a very big gamble for very big
money.Will have to  see how well it works and what
surprises iraq can come up with.

Regards Sarath.