On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Bill Stewart wrote:

> There's a theory that the standard pictures of space aliens
> have a strong resemblence to what a half-awake human sees
> when there's a six-month-old kitten staring you in the face from
> a few inches closer than your eyes' normal focal lengths...

Oh. That's a good theory. It ties in well with a (completely insane, but
otherwise very good) friend we have. He insists the cat has sampled his
flesh, perhaps in order to capture DNA, and has appeared to him hundreds
of miles away. I keep insisting some combination of dreaming after
visiting and perhaps the stress of his job are responsible. He keeps
insisting cats are alien.

I see a nice middle-ground developing, if only I can bring him around.

-j

--
Jamie Lawrence                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"God created the integers, all else is the work of man."