Indymedia and Infoshop Banned From Google
Beginning in just the past week or two, all of the Indymedia websites around the world as well as several other important independent media sites such as infoshop.org were kicked off of this central news engine, which boasts of its breadth of sources as an indicator that it is open to diversity of opinion and "democracy" of some sort or another. With the prospect of an immanent war emerging this seems to be a case of blatant censorship intended to keep the general public from accessing independent sources of information. Therefore, Indymedia activists in some cities and others such as infoshop.org are urging users to flood Google news with phone calls and emails protesting this blatant censorship - Google can be reached toll-free at (866)246-6453: while this is the advertising department it is the only place to get a human being on the phone with you. You can make your complaint or asked to be transferred to the operator who will log your complaint as well. When I called I was told that I should email my complaint to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word "firefly" in the subject line which is a password that indicates to them that they need to respond immediately to the request since the requester has gone to the trouble of calling the only phonline with a human being at the other end, the ad department. Following are other addresses and phone numbers for Google in order to protest in person or contact them in order to get this decision reversed.
Headquarters
2400 Bayshore Parkway
Mountain View CA 94043
phone: 650-330-0100
fax: 650-618-1499
driving directions
Canada Sales Office
130 King St. W., Suite 1800
Toronto, Ontario M5X 1E3
phone: 416-865-3361
fax: 416-945-6616
map
New York Sales Office
1440 Broadway, 21st floor
New York, NY 10018
phone: 212-624-9600
fax: 212-624-9605

United Kingdom Sales Office
18 Soho Square
London W1D 3QL
phone: +011 44-2070258010
fax: +011 44-2076811995
map
Chicago Sales Office
401 N. Michigan, Suite 1200
Chicago, IL 60611
phone: 312-840-8280
fax: 312-840-8289
Japan Sales Office 15th Floor, Cerulean Tower
26-1, Sakuragaoka-cho
Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0031
phone: +011 81-3-5456-5710
fax: +011 81-3-5456-5511