At 6:36 AM -0800 3/20/03, Ken Brown wrote:
>Only alternative to that that can preserve an Iraqi state is US (or just
>possibly UK - after all we've had a lot of practice) direct rule for
>/years/   We don't just dfeat Iraq, we conquer it.  Bush still claims
>the USA is not an imperialist power.

The example of English rule in Scotland seems to be the only model that
will work for pacifying areas like Afghanistan.  It might work in Iraq as
well.

I wonder if the US or British public has the stomach for 150 years of
cultural repression?

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz           | Due process for all    | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506         | used to be the         | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | American way.          | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA